Saturday 15 November 2008

Encoder/leds circuit v1

I've started work on the led dial. So far I've left it to the users to decide if they want to use i2c or any other way of inter-ic communication, all data transmission pins are available as pin outs.

I've also added a mikroelektronika-compatible programming interface to enable programming of the chip after soldering.

The chosen mcu, pic18F2431, contains both a quadrature decoder and an internal ocillator, making the number of external components very low.

I have not yet tried the programming circuit like this, so it may have to be changed.

The schema:



The PCB. Dimensions 29 x 29 mm:



I still have some work to do on the footprint of the encoder, and of course have to find a way to solder this since the mcu, resistors and capacitor are SMDs

No comments: