Friday, 25 January 2008

Soldering finished, trial assembly

I've finished soldering the last keys and transistors to the keyboard. It looks great! Haven't powered it up yet though. I've also added the correct spacers to the back plate and mounted both PCBs, the top black aluminium plate for the potmeters and the LCD display. I've discovered some minor errors (more specifically the screw holes for the LCD display, they're a bit off for some reason). I have also decided against using all the screw holes elsewhere, I have indeed overdone it this time as well :-D

The machine is really taking shape and I'm quite excited about how it looks. Have a look at the pictures to get a feel of the real size of it. (The display window is just a trial example, I haven't decided if the real one should be blank or red yet.

No comments: